Yesterday was a great day. We had our fast and testimony meeting and I was fasting to be able to successfully overcome my food addiction. I was put to the test several times throughout the day. My friend Amy brought me peanut butter blossom cookies (you know the kind with hershey kisses on the top) and also several still-wrapped kisses. She even put them in a cute little bag as as thank you because I helped do her calling while she was on vacation the week before. I thanked her sincerely and excitedly. I don't want to tell everyone what's going on and I usually would be super happy that someone brought me some goodies. As soon as I walked out of church I handed off the bag to my roommate for her to "take care of" for me.
My visiting teacher came by and brought me a big slice of homemade chocolaty cheesecake. And in my opinion the only cheesecake worth eating is the chocolaty kind. Once again, I thanked her and acted like I would normally act if someone gave me such deliciousness. Then after she left I turned around and gave it to a couple of guys that were over at our house for a block party my roommates and I threw. They asked why I wasn't eating it and I told them how I was just trying not to eat any sweets for a month, but I really wanted to eat it and then I told them about the chocolate kisses I had wanted to eat too. My friend Ray (who is black) said, "well, how about I just kiss you because then it'll be a chocolate kiss." Hahaha! Thanks for the offer Ray, I'll keep that in mind. ;)
I came so close to giving in today. A delivery guy brought a teddy bear, flowers, and chocolate covered strawberries for one of the accountants. (Work drama alert, she was planning on leaving her husband and he sent her all that to try to change her mind.) She was telling everyone to eat some and I thought "heck they're just strawberries with a teensy bit of chocolate on them". But I decided not to eat one because I really want to make it through this month without giving in to temptation and I'm trying to break the bad habit of rationalizing everything. I know one wouldn't have hurt me, but for now I'm staying strong!
Normally, I wouldn't write about this kind of stuff because it seems like I'm saying, "hey look how great I am, I didn't eat that food". I HATE it when people are like dude look how awesome I am because I can resist eating sugary treats. It makes me want to punch them in the face. I'm writing about it because of HOW HARD it is for me to be resisting this crap. And it's an accomplishment and I am proud of myself.
P.S. Another friend (Jenny) also brought me a little gift to church but thankfully it wasn't a food item. She gave me some really cute owl stickers. I'm not sure what brought on all these gifts yesterday but I was grateful for each one, even the ones I didn't eat. :)
P.P.S. Our block party was a success. My roomie and I made the patties and had lots of other good food items. And our grill master roommate grilled for us. We played lawn games like bocce ball and croquet. So much fun!
2 comments:
Personally, I think you have every right to say "Look how bad-A I am!" because you are. You are incredibly strong. You inspire me to be better. Thank you
I love hearing about the successes you are having! I am praying for you every step of the way! You're pretty darn amazing! xxoo
Post a Comment