May 7, 2012

Weekend Shtuff

What a fun weekend! Here's the recap. Fun stuff happened but it's probably boring to read....Anyhoodily.

On Friday night I had organized a girl's night with my favorite girls in Arlington. I know! Can you believe it?! I actually organized and planned something. Not usually my style. We went to Ray's Hell Burgers by Rosslyn. They were good burgers but I gotta say that Good Stuff is still my absolute favorite burger place. (And they just happen to be building a second location in Crystal City. Danger! Danger!) Then we went to my friend Amy's house to watch a movie. We decided to watch The Tree of Life. Big mistake. It was way too artsy and long for me. I need movies to actually have a plot line I guess.

On Saturday I got up early to mow the lawn before it got too hot and/or rained. My roommate Kara showed me her mowing technique of mowing in a straight line then backing up where you just mowed so it gets mowed twice. I did that and the lawn looked FABULOUS! It was a pro job and it was only my second time ever mowing. Then I went and toured the embassies that were open for people to visit for one day. It was really awesome and I think I'm going to go again this weekend because they're opening up all the European embassies to the public. Then on Saturday night I went to see The Avengers. It was good but I'm just more into  non-action-y movies (but not Tree of Life!).

On Sunday I actually got to sleep in because we had a Stake Conference that started at 10am (instead of 8am church). Church was great and then I played some lawn games, took a nap, and talked to my best friend Heather. Then my friend had me over for dinner which was delicious! Then I watched the YSA fireside and called my mom. I know what I'm getting for my birthday....because I told her I wanted an iphone. Yep I'm gonna join that bandwagon and I couldn't be more excited about it!

Basically it was an awesome weekend and I hope next weekend is just as awesome!


No comments: