May 9, 2012
Why I Blog
So if you've been reading this blog for a while, you'll remember that I wanted to quit at the end of last year. I was tired of putting myself out there and feeling judged. I just wanted to live my life without documenting it. But even as I wrote that "last post" I felt uneasy about it and knew I should keep going. Of course I just ignored it because I thought "how important can me writing on a blog be? I don't want to do it, so I'm going to stop." But then I kept feeling like I should still be blogging for whatever reason so I started writing again. I'm really glad I did.
These past few weeks as I've been struggling to not binge or eat any sweets I've almost given in a few times. I've come very dangerously close to just giving in. But one thing that actually stopped me in particular was knowing that if I did give in I would have to write about it on my blog. And I really didn't want to disappoint the people who were cheering for me. And I would have been extra ashamed admitting it to everyone who reads this. I felt like, "if I eat this right now, what am I going to write on my blog? How am I going to explain this?" And that thought alone stopped me a few times from giving in.
So I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who reads this blog and who supports me and who writes supportive comments. You've all been helping me through this tough time. And I have to say it's going REALLY WELL!!!!!!!!!!! I'm very pleased with how it's all working out.
One other thing I noticed as I've been abstaining from bingeing is that I am closer to the Spirit and I feel more peace and contentment in my life. (At least I'm guessing it's because of this. Seems like too big of a coincidence). Several times during the day I will just smile and feel so much joy because I know I'm where I'm supposed to be in my life right now. And I like my life right now just as it is. Even though I'm not at my goal weight, my job's not super great, and I'm single. I'm still happy. And that feels pretty amazing. There will probably always be things that I want for the future that I don't have right now, so it's important to take what you have and appreciate it and love it. As President Uchtdorf said, "don't keep waiting for your golden ticket. Make your life your golden ticket." (Or something like that... I'm actually paraphrasing...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
So amazing! Thanks for continuing to blog and putting yourself out there. Love ya Miss Mary!
Love you Mary!! I'm so proud of you! Do you know how inspiring you are? Sometimes I say to myself, if Mary can do something so hard, I can do this,('this' being random things) because it isn't really even hard at all. You really are an inspiration.
Post a Comment