Here's an update in my quest for beauty. It's nice when you have a list of goals and then you actually do something about it! So many times I made goals but I never really did them. I never even planned on actually carrying them out sometimes. It was just the thing to do. Make a list of goals. It was like I was just saving them for the future when I was "ready" or already perfect and they would just take care of themselves. But as we learned from a past General Conference... you have to start consistently being the person you want to become. Yeah, you'll make mistakes at first but if you don't try at all and just wait for the world to change you, you'll only ending up changing in bad ways. (The worldly ideals will become your own ideals). Anyway, here's my list of goals that I wrote up in March. So it hasn't really been that long, and I expect to take several years to fully reach the last couple of goals... BUT it's pretty awesome that I did the "action" goals already. And the last two will come eventually.
1.)Get some new makeup and wear it. (Did it!)
2.)Get a hair cut. (Done! Even though the lady told me I needed to condition more because I have frizzy hair....pshhh I condition ALL THE TIME!)
3.)Get a new outfit or two. (Done thanks to Nicole! Now the problem is I need to stop buying clothes! I've created a monster!)
4.)Take pictures of yourself and post them to facebook! (Also I think I'm going a little overboard on this but in the future my kids will be like, "Mom, I'm so glad you kept a record of your life those years when you were a nanny in D.C." Okay so they will never say that but whatever).
5.)Tell yourself you're beautiful and believe it. (Sometimes it works...)
6.)Allow the Lord to heal me from any self hatred and doubt about my own beauty! (Working on it!)
So, I definitely think my quest for beauty is coming along really well. Even though it is not easy. When I went to visit Provo a week or so ago, several of my friends remarked to me that I seemed happier and more confident which in turn made me look better. So confidence is key! And I'm working on loving myself now without having to change up everything. Yet, I'm changing little things that make a difference at least in my appearance. I think it's great that I'm single right now because it's so good for me to be discovering new things about myself and be able to love myself without relying on someone else to tell me that I'm "lovable" or "good enough". I recently got called to be in the Young Women's presidency at church and it SO important for me to be able to teach these girls about their own self worth. And I have to know about mine as well otherwise anything I tell them will come off as fake.
Here are some more of the pictures I've taken of myself. I hope you guys understand how good this actually is for me and know that I'm not just full of myself. It really helps me to see pics of myself and think that I look beautiful. So I hope you're not sick and tired of seeing me post new pics!
5 comments:
I love seeing all these beautiful pictures of you!!!!!!!!!!! =D
I really like that second one! You have an awesome smile, Mary. :)
Mary, you are SO beautiful! I love your hair, too! I didn't know you let it get so long! Love it, and I love you! :)
Number 2 and 5 are my favorites!
Thanks you guys! Ashley-I love seeing your pics in Jerusalem. Cliff-Stop making me blush! Courtney-Yes, I'm determined to grow my hair out until I get married...so it could potentially get very long! And thanks! Elizabeth-I like to hear people's faves thanks!
Post a Comment