May 18, 2011
Spud the Dog
This is Spud the dog. He is our trusty guard dog. Every day it's just us four hanging out going about our business. The four of us (me, the twins, and Spud) go on our daily walks together, take naps all at the same time, laugh together, and sometimes we all cry together. Yes Spud is a sensitive dog who's not afraid to show his sensitive side and cry every once in a while.
It should be known that Spud is a spectacular dog. That is why there is a whole blog post I'm writing about him right now. Here's why he's so fabulous:
1.) He LOVES the babies! I mean really really loves them. He will "kiss" them any chance he gets. And by kiss I mean lick. Also when I'm carrying the babies up a flight of stairs one at a time, one baby will have to sit in the stroller by themselves. Spud always thinks that I've forgotten all about that twin and that I will leave them sitting down there in the garage forever. So he stays down there with them and gets all antsy and makes sure that I come back for them.
2.) He is a very popular dog. When we're on a walks sometimes he will steal the spotlight. It's funny because you can always tell the dog people vs the baby people. Some people ooh and ah all over those twinners. Others completely ignore the babies and gush over Spud. He has actually been called (and this is a direct quote) "such an elegant dog". Uh.... yeah. Super elegant, that Spud!
3.) He is the nicest dog ever and never barks or lunges at people. So I don't know what those other dogs problems are! Everywhere we go other dogs growl and bark at Spud and he never ever growls or barks at them. He loves playing with other dogs and making new friends and they just want to tear his head off! It confused me to no end until one day a fellow dog owner stopped to admire Spud (like I said he's popular) and asked me how old he was. I replied that he is 1 and a half years old. The man told me that other dogs will try to show dominance over the younger dogs and that they can tell that he's still pretty young. Makes sense.
4.) He even stays up with the babies at night! Every time Stacey gets up in the middle of the night to feed the babies, Spud is there. Even sometimes when I'm up on the third/fourth floor watching television at night Spud will come up and visit with me. He's a very loyal dog. And so elegant!!!
Below is a picture of Spud blending in with the carpet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment