March 10, 2012

New Job!

So here's my crazy story of how I got a job. Okay it's really not that crazy. So, I had money saved up for about three months worth of living and I was at the end up of my savings. I was super worried about how I was going to pay April rent because I hadn't had any temp jobs or babysitting jobs for a while. I was dreading having to go work in a restaurant. I had interviewed for a temporary nanny job that I was more than qualified for and I think I would have done an awesome job. I left the interview feeling certain I would get the job. But I didn't. I tried not to worry and just trust that I did the best I could and if I didn't get the job, then there must be something better out there for me. I was stressing big time so this past fast Sunday I fasted that I would be able to find a job. The next day I found out I had an interview for an administrative assistant job in Georgetown. I went in on Tuesday and I think I did a good job in the interview (thanks Doug and Andalynn for helping me practice!). Then they called and said they wanted me to come in for a second interview the next day. I met the big boss and once again I felt certain I would get the job. Then later that day I found out that I didn't get it. The next day I went to the day institute class they have at my church (I assume for people who don't have a job?) Thursday at noon is a random time to have institute. The lesson was on self-reliance and the lesson started out talking about how we should trust in the Lord. I totally embarrassed myself by crying in class. I hate people seeing me cry! But I was definitely humbled and after the class I went home and prayed very sincerely that I would be able to pay April rent. I checked my email and the people that had turned me down asked if I would be interested in doing a temp job for them. It would be enough money to pay rent! I was so grateful! And then on Friday morning I woke up to a phone call. It was the job I had applied for telling me that the person they picked for the job changed their mind and asked if I wanted the job and if I could come in right then. So yesterday I woke up without a job but I ended up at work with a job by 10am. Everything worked out!!! Blessings do come. So now I am a administrative assistant to some property managers at Chatel Real Estate in Georgetown. Yay! I have no idea what I'm doing but I hope I don't embarrass myself too badly in the process of learning my way around my new job.

5 comments:

Tanya said...

Congrats on the job! Income is a good thing.

Ruthie said...

So wonderful to hear! Hope you are close to Baked and Wired :) You are going to rock this. You are Mary after all :) Congrats! Can't wait to celebrate with you!

christine said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to celebrate the new job with you. Plus you're going to learn lots of really cool stuff about G-town. :)

Captain Danger said...

Awesome! Hooray for real jobs! I wish I had a real job...

Lisa Ogles said...

Congrats Mary! What a relief that you got a job, I'm very glad for you. Hope it's enjoyable and I know you will be fantastic.