My mantra these past couple of weeks has been "react positively". I read somewhere (okay, from the blog I was telling you guys about... It's just so inspiring!!) that you don't have to let others negativity and the way they treat you get you down. Instead of reacting negatively when they treat you in a way that is not appreciated, you can choose to react positively. Yes, this does seem pretty hard. (It is hard!) But what do I mean by reacting positively? Basically, you try not to let it bother you. You try to think of what the other person might be going through that would make them treat you in a bad/annoying/rude/crazy way. Just try to see it from their perspective and also realize that it might not even really be you. It's really not easy. But I just tell myself over and over "react positively, react positively!" And even though I'm hurt/annoyed/angry for a little bit, pretty soon I've moved on and feel better. And sometimes if you can, it's okay to remove yourself permanently from the situation. You move on and surround yourself with those who uplift you and love you. This isn't always possible, but I'm glad in my case that this time it is. :) I'm grateful for all the loving friends, old and new, that I have in my life who have taught me so much and who have made me laugh. Especially those who can make me laugh even when I've been crying. Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion. :)
P.S. I just read a quote that says, "Some people come into your life as blessings, others come into your life as lessons". So true!
1 comment:
True that! One thing my counselor said to me after my mom died was, instead of getting caught up in things that weren't going right, to just say "not my favorite" and move on. She said that's ok, that you know it's something you don't particularly like, and to acknowledge it and move on. And I think it helps to think about that person's situation and why they would say/do mean or hurtful things. I love how your blog reflects a lot of my own thoughts.
Post a Comment