Yep, I'm hot. :)
Today I am feeling empowered. Last night I was the total opposite. I was feeling insecure, weak, unworthy, not cute, not pretty, yuck! I was a pathetic crying mess last night. I just felt not so great about myself and at a low point. I felt hopeless and that it seemed impossible to ever change. And then this morning I was angry! I was pretty much pissed off. Why the heck should I feel that way? No way, Jose. I am not going to feel that way. So weirdly enough that anger motivated me to stop feeling so down on myself. Why should I think I'm not good enough? I am freaking awesome! (Also, all of these shifting of feelings might have something to do womanly hormones...) Anyway, basically I am feeling great today! Yes, I do need to change a lot about myself. Yes, I have a lot of work to do so I can look better. But I'll do it when I'm ready. I don't care what other people think about it! It's not really any of their business. (And obviously I'm not always not going to care what others think but at least for today I don't give a damn). And it feels great!!! It feels wonderful to not let what others think shape how I feel about myself. I like myself today and that's all that matters. I'm going to try to keep being kind to myself. And you want to know something really embarrassing? (I cannot believe I'm actually admitting to this....) But I hugged myself today. I just felt like I deserved a hug from myself because I think I'm amazing. Plus I had heard of people hugging themselves before. I was kind of curious. I tried to figure out the logistics of actually hugging myself. (So I put my arms here?... uh...) And even though it was super awkward, as is admitting this for people to see, it felt good. It was a physical manifestation that I approved of myself. I was letting myself know, "Hey Mary I love you. You're pretty great. Keep up the good work." Yep, let's chalk this up to the most embarrassing blog post yet. I really can't believe I'm publishing this... Oh well, today I don't care what you think!!!!!!!!! :)
A girl worth hugging. :)
3 comments:
I wish I could add my hug to your hug because I concur! Mary, you are a wonderful, beautiful, talented, smart, and FANTASTIC woman. Here's sending cyber hugs your way.
Woops...I guess Brennan is signed in instead of me. That last comment was supposed to be from Amy (Isaksen) Cartwright. Love you still!
This post totally made smile. Hugs!!
Post a Comment