October 4, 2011

Random Facts About Me: Part 2

(One of the bazillion random pictures I've taken of myself. Not great quality... they're all taken with my laptop).

So... I was thinking of a bunch of more random facts that I didn't include in my first list. I LOVE TALKING ABOUT MYSELF! :) I actually really do, because when I write something down or say things out loud it helps me process them better. So I'm learning more about myself when I write in my journal or blog or talk to friends. Hopefully you will find them entertaining to read. Without further ado:

1. I took one semester of Japanese and one semester of Italian at BYU. Random. I obviously didn't stick with either language for very long and I only remember like five words from each language...
2. I am a reality show junkie. I LOVE reality t.v.!! They're all pretty trashy but there are a few uplifting and wholesome ones on TLC. Some of my favorites are Toddlers and Tiaras (no, I don't condone how these kids are treated, it's just entertaining to watch and think "wow, I'll never be that awful of a mother"), Say Yes to the Dress, ANTM(duh!), Teen Mom, and a few other guilty pleasures I won't even mention because it's just too embarrassing.
3. I got my nickname of Mary Cherry in the sixth grade. My face easily flushes and turns red because of my fair skin. I was laughing and my face was all red and my friends said "hey you're face is all red like a cherry! Mary Cherry!" And it's stuck ever since (probably because it rhymes).
4. Movie quotes and song lyrics stick with me and I can learn them after seeing a movie once or hearing a song a couple times. And when someone says something a certain word will trigger a movie quote or song lyric. Many times I'll end up singing a song because of what someone said. (And unfortunately that song usually will get stuck in someone else's head for a while!) My family are all good at remembering movie quotes and we'll start quoting a whole movie, it's a favorite family pastime.
5. My favorite ice cream is Ben and Jerry's Everything But The... It has everything but the kitchen sink and all of those things are so delicious! I also love Moose Tracks.
6. Some people love the mountains, some people love the sea, but my favorite thing are trees. I grew up in Tennessee "greenest land in the land of the free" and there are tons of trees. I just love trees, they're so beautiful and I even have some "favorite" trees near where I live. I would always stare out my window and look at the trees in my backyard. Don't tell anyone, but I've even named a couple of trees before! Yep, I'm weird. Anyway, that's why I don't want to live in a desert anymore. Goodbye forever Utah!
7. When I get a craving for a certain food, or something really hits the spot, I usually just want to keep eating that food over and over and over again until I get sick of it. I don't mind eating the same thing for lunch everyday if it's what tastes good. Then one day I'll get sick of it and move on to the next thing. Not very fun for other people but it makes grocery shopping really easy.
8. I have never mowed the lawn in my life. Four brothers, a dad, and a mom who likes to mow is what made that possible. I'm sure I will someday... maybe.
9. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 18. It was actually the day of my 18th birthday. The reason for this was because my dad had a dumb rule that my brothers had to have their Eagle Scout to get their license and the girls had to sew a dress. DUMB! How am I supposed to sew a dress if my mom can't even sew and we didn't have a sewing machine? Anyway, I didn't mind having my mom and friends drive me around for a couple of years. :)
10. I was once a pooper-scooper in a 4th of July parade in Orem. Me and a few of my friends did it. We were volunteers and they were going to have us carry around a big balloon but it wasn't inflating so they had us do that instead. We were behind Ms. Utah in the Wells Fargo wagon. We carried shovels and a wheelbarrow and only had to stop to shovel poop twice. The crowd was cheering louder for us than for Ms. Utah. We made up formations and lifted our shovels and twirled the wheelbarrow around. I wouldn't trade that experience!:)
11. Speaking of poop... me and my siblings used to raise hogs for 4-H. This worked out really well for me because my dad or my brothers would usually do all the work and I would just show up at the end of the year and show my pig at the fair. One year my pig won grand champion and I won $1300. That was a ton of money for that age. Actually that's still a lot of money in my mind.
12. This year as part of my "Quest for Beauty" I took a bazillion pictures of myself because I hated pictures of me and looking at myself. And it worked! I think I am pretty. It's still a continuing quest and I'm sure it is for every woman. I'm still learning about true beauty and how to love myself more.

Well, there's a nice dozen for your viewing pleasure. Man I'm just so awesome aren't I?

4 comments:

Rica said...

"Pooping Fudge Ducks!"
"My name's Mary and I like the word poop." (Said at FHE where only Erica chuckled in response)

Okay I had so many comments but forgot them all when the poop quotes came to mind.

Love you!
And yes you're beautiful!

Ashley said...

I've never mowed the lawn either!!!!!!

Captain Danger said...

Yeah, you are. And I hear you on those song lyrics. I do the same thing. :)

Lisa Ogles said...

My favorite: Raising hogs. Wasn't it you that told me you showed a hog at the fair and it went crazy and barked and ran around?! Love it. Miss you, are you really leaving UT forever??