October 25, 2011

Fall Adventures and New Friends

This past weekend was very eventful and the most fun I've had since... the week before! (Haha, because of Ashley and cupcakes and such). Usually I go for a whole month before having so much fun at once. It's been really nice to have fun things to do actually with other people! On Saturday I rode with Christine and Tanya (two friends from my ward) up to Homestead Farms in Maryland. The drive up was so GORGEOUS! The fall leaves were everywhere and fall in D.C. is especially beautiful. It was nice to leave the city behind for a bit and go see a little more country. I feel more myself and more relaxed out in the country. I have a lot of pictures thanks to Tanya and Christine of our adventure. Most of these pictures are actually from Tanya but a lot of them have me and Christine in them. Tanya was behind the camera the whole time!

The tractor pulling us on the hayride.


The punkins! You can't tell from this picture but there were a ton of smashed pumpkins all around the field. It looked like a pumpkin massacre! They actually shipped in these pumpkins from Tennessee because of all the late rain in Maryland. Yay Tennessee!!!

Me holding the pumpkin I would have picked. I just decided to purchase some baby pumpkins instead so I wouldn't have to haul this one around. But it was the best one!

Me and Christine weren't paying attention. I was texting?

Now we're laughing at something. Me and my asian eyes when I laugh! (I know that sounds racist... but I'm not trying to be! That's just how I look sometimes...)


Some of the baby pumpkins I opted to buy instead.

Christine and her new boyfriend.


Christine's new boyfriends ex-girlfriend. She was really jealous of Mr. Scarecrow and Christine. I understand feeling sad about the breakup but she didn't have to be so witchy towards us! (hehe)


These little piggies reminded me of my days of raising pigs. They don't stay cute for very long that's for sure!


We were looking at all the chickens in the coop when this big turkey ran out and surprised us all! He won't be around for much longer. Bless you turkey. Bless you.

There were a bunch of kids there too. (once again hehe)


We were trying to decide between apple pie and caramel apples. The line for the apples was shorter so we tried them. We made the right choice! They were so tasty! I ended up licking all the caramel off that I could. Delish.

Christine posing with our "fall haul". We got some great stuff!


Later when I got home from our adventure I met the girl who is going to take my position as the nanny for Addison and Jackson. We met and then two hours later were on our way to take the metro to a YSA activity at the ward I'm planning on moving to. Suffice it to say, we felt like we had known each other for years by the end of the night. So glad that Whitney is the one taking my spot! I feel much better about someone else getting to hang out with Addison and Jackson all the time if that person is awesome and my friend! :) The activity we went to was pumpkin carving and other fall stuff. I only knew two people at the activity but thanks to Mark (who I only met two weeks ago!) me and Whitney met some cool new people. It's so nice when you meet new people who make you feel comfortable and who are so friendly! I'm so glad my friend Jill invited me and encouraged me to come. Then on Sunday I met even more new people because Whitney and I went to yet another single's ward in Virginia. It has definitely made me feel more confident and has helped me remember that I do have good "people" skills. I'm glad it's easy for me to talk to new people (well at least when I know one other person there). I'm even more excited for the next year when I go to a new ward and make new friends. My year of being a (self-imposed) social outcast is over!!! Time to boost up all the confidence I've been working on this year and go out there and be the best me I can. (I sound really corny now so it's time to end this post). More deep thoughts later. Peace out girl scouts.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I find myself craving another caramel apple.

christine said...

I do too!

Plus, I love that I made my new boyfriend's girlfriend jealous. If only real life were like that.