July 15, 2012

It's the little things

Last week I was walking home with a friend of mine named Jenny. I mentioned to her that I wanted to go get the mint oreo custard at Dairy Godmother but I was busy both nights that they had it. For those of you who have never been to Dairy Godmother let me assure you it is heaven!!! Every couple of days they have a new flavor of custard and I really wanted to try the mint oreo. Well guess what Jenny did?! She went and bought me a WHOLE PINT of mint oreo custard and brought it to me!!! I just thought that was the nicest thing ever. It may not seem like a big deal to some people but to me it meant so much. My love language is gifts and I think the more unexpected and "just because" the gift, the more I love it. I think I just love the fact that it means that person is thinking about me and they take time out of their day to go and get something for me.

I also had some friends over for waffles tonight. We ate waffles with nutella, cookie butter, strawberries, whipped cream, syrup, blueberries, you name it we had it with our waffles! We also played a fun game afterwards. And then we all sat around eating the custard and laughing and talking. I just feel so extremely blessed to have this wonderful circle of friends in my life. Girls who not only "get" me and accept me for who I am, but who also think I'm a wonderful person and who genuinely like spending time with me. Time spent with good friends who I feel like I can be myself around and who build me up is my favorite thing in the world. Being around people like that make you feel like you can do anything and that life really is a gift. Yay for awesome friends, waffles, and frozen custard!!!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

:) I'm so glad you are feeling the love. Thanks again for the fabulous dinner!