August 18, 2011

Home is Wherever I'm With You

Sometimes visiting with friends can be really sad. I know that sounds really weird because I've had so much fun in Provo with my besties this week. But at times when we were all laughing and having so much fun I would be sad knowing that it wasn't going to last. Another weird thing is that D.C. has finally started feeling like "home". But this time when I visited Provo for some reason it felt like I was living here again. I keep having to remind myself I have to go to the airport tomorrow and fly back to D.C. Provo is just such a part of me and I know the "Provo Mary" so well. The D.C. Mary is a little more reserved and shy still. I wish I had all the confidence in D.C. that I feel here in Provo. I guess that's why I've been able to grow and learn so much in D.C. because I was out of my comfort zone. Part of me wonders can I ever move back to Provo? Or would that be moving backwards? I don't know. I'm still trying to figure out my next move. What comes next after the D.C. chapter in my life? I guess I'll just keep trying to find out. I know the Lord will direct me to where I should go but I have to actually do some work to figure it out. He's not just going to magically tell me what to do. I have to do some digging. Whatever I end up doing and wherever I end up going, I hope I make more marvelous friends along the way.

Here are some pictures of a bonfire I went to the same day that I got my wisdom teeth out... Yeah I'm hard core!
Warning: I'm extra crazy/silly around these particular friends.










Here are a couple of late night mustache videos... Yeah... we're awesome.



2 comments:

Ashley said...

EXCUSE ME?!?!?!?!?!?! WHERE WAS I?! I have your Jerusalem shoes!!!!!!! I WANTED TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!!

Nicole said...

:( I'm so sad I missed you. We are still here in CA and NOW we wont be going home til Tuesday. (I guess I didn't stand a chance of getting home before you left. So sad.) I miss you Mary!!! Hopefully I am still one of your besties, even though we missed hanging out :(