My self esteem wasn't a gift that was given to me by my parents; it wasn't something they could teach me. My own mother's was fragile and wounded from a lifetime of hurt and not having someone to teach her. The little frail bit that I did have was crushed to dust and blown away in the wind by my ex-husband. He questioned my goodness and motives until finally declaring me not fit to be his wife because I would drag him down on his journey to eternal life. So my self esteem went from a small fragment to nothing at all.
Self esteem was not a spiritual gift that Heavenly Father gave to me. He allowed me to struggle to find it and even fight for it. And in the process he has given me a different gift. The gift of being able to teach others who cannot find their own self esteem and who have been searching for it. To teach them how to find and gain self esteem, self worth, and self love.
2 comments:
What beautiful and brave insight you share here. Thank you!
You are a very pretty girl! But I know, from my own experiences, that no matter what others say, you won't believe it until you can accept yourself they way you are. It's a ridiculous struggle that I am going through myself. And meanwhile I am single and aging....LOL. Oh, freakin' well, right?? Hehe...trying to laugh about it. I have definitely made improvement, but I still have a ways to go. I'll get there. You will too. I love what you wrote. I hope someday we can see ourselves the way our Father in Heaven sees us. Someday... But until then...you really are pretty!! Just words, but it's the least I can do. You have such great hair that I am extremely jealous of :)
Post a Comment