Things I Don't Like:
Coming home from a fun impromptu dinner in which a few friends whisked me away for a late birthday celebration and instead of being happy and content, feeling sad. Sad for no reason. Staying up late (early?) into the morning crying and feeling sad for no reason. In my mind I went over the different people who I know love and care about me and the good qualities that I have. I went over the fact that it is not my fault with what has happened in the past with my divorce and it doesn't matter anymore, but I still FELT sad and could not stop crying. But I guess that's okay too. It's okay to just feel sad and cry for no reason.
Trying to flush the toilet after using it during the early morning hours you can't sleep and then having the handle just break completely off...
Things I Do Like:
Knowing that hard times like these (at least for me) always precede growth and direction in my life. The Lord helps me to get on the right course for my life and these hard times help me to turn to Him more and to be guided and more malleable. Feeling this way also helps me be more determined to do something different and try harder to do something to change the current situation. I don't know exactly what is coming next but I feel in my bones that some change is coming for me soon. Something exciting. I hope it's not a change in location because I love living where I do and all my wonderful friends!
Also... mud pie shake from Ray's Hell Burgers.... It rivals Good Stuff and Bobby's Burger Palace shakes....
Feeling a frenzy and a fiery passion to draw and paint when I get sad. It fuels my creativity and I do love that. :) (I understand a lot better all of the famous artists from the past who suffered from mental illness- it just drives you to do something to get your feelings out and to express them). My artistic inspiration and drive is directly correlated to my depression.
No comments:
Post a Comment