Well, I currently do not have a job. It's only been two weeks of me not having a job (I was nannying the first week of this month for my friend Ruth so technically that was a job) and I'm kinda going crazy! I have an interview with a temp agency on Monday so hopefully I will be working next week. But since I don't have a job... might as well blog!
I really love taking personality tests because they're fun and I love learning more about what makes people tick. I also love learning more about why I do certain things and learning more about myself in general because being more aware helps me to control my decisions and actions. I don't know if any of you guys have ever taken the Myers-Briggs personality test but I've found it to be almost completely accurate. It's so on point that I was a little taken aback. Each personality has a different name assigned to it. I'm an ISFP which is called The Artist. Which I think is pretty awesome because I never really thought of myself as an artist. However, one of my friends once asked me, what makes you the happiest? What do you enjoy doing? What is your dream job? And I said that creating things was my favorite thing to do and I would love a job where I got to create things and get paid for it. And artists definitely create!
Here's a quick description I found online. Does it sound like me? :) ISFP
Quiet, friendly, sensitive, and kind. Enjoy the present moment, what’s going on around them. Like to have their own space and to work within their own time frame. Loyal and committed to their values and to people who are important to them. Dislike disagreements and conflicts, do not force their opinions or values on others.
Here are some other facts about people like me (ISFPs).
This has been true for me since I was small. I've always wanted to do my own thing and not necessarily what everyone else around me was doing. I like being a little different. And I always have needed alone time. And believe me, it was hard to come by growing up in a small house with seven other siblings and my parents.
Very true for me. Which is why my feelings can get hurt pretty easily. And probably also why I am prone to depression. But it also makes me care deeply for others and feel deep convictions in my beliefs.
I didn't tap into this one as much until after my divorce. And then I thought it was some type of spiritual gift of discernment (maybe it still is?) but I feel like I can get an accurate reading of people within a few minutes of meeting them. The only problem with is is sometimes it causes me to judge others and write them off too quickly, when in reality I need to spend more time getting to know them.
Soooo true!!! Like really. It's a problem! I get so defensive because of this. Don't judge me, you don't know me! Haha.
This one was good for me to read because I didn't think about it before. It made me think I should give myself more credit! :)
Well, okay. :)
If you're my friend and I love you, I try to let you know it! :0
Well, thanks for reading through this post all about me and my personality!!! Haha! I think another characteristic I read somewhere about ISFPs is that they are a little self absorbed at times. Not in a bad way necessarily, just very aware of themselves and who they are and that they think about it a lot. :)
Read more and find out about your personality here. There are also some free tests you can take online to figure out what your personality is. If you know what yours is let me know because I'd love to learn more about you. :)








3 comments:
I'm an INTP (http://www.intp.org/intprofile.html). My poor mother is an INFP in a family of NTs, but I'm pretty sure it's her influence that has made me much more empathetic than I would otherwise be as an INTP.
I feel like your result matches you perfectly!!!!!!!! I love this personality test! I feel like it fits me well too- I am an ENFP. And it's kind of funny, because descriptions I have read about mine are almost word for word what my patriarchal blessing says about my personality. So I am DEFINITELY a believer, lol!
Hey, can you post links to the tests you took?
Post a Comment