September 14, 2011

I hate you, I love you! Oranges?


Girly talk time. If you are a boy, you might not want to read this... Why is it that I ALWAYS forget the effects of PMS? Whenever I spend a week weeping openly at every little thing (okay I cry all the time anyway...so weeping more than usual), crave chocolate something fierce and feel like I will die if I don't get something sweet (well, actually I used to feel like that all the time), and feel so tired that I take two naps a day, I seem to forget WHY! I always just think, that's so weird, why am I feeling this way? Is there something about right before you start your period that makes you forgetful? I always freak out over little things and then as soon as I get my period it all makes sense. But shouldn't I be aware when I start freaking out that I am simply being a girl?

This week when I was watching all of the footage of 9-11 I was sobbing!!! But as my recent post on crying suggests this isn't really unusual. And who didn't cry when watching all of that stuff? And then I kind of freaked out over something that shouldn't have been a big deal. And then the next day I was totally fine. And I ate a ton of left over birthday cake from the twins 1st birthday. And yet, I still couldn't see all the signs. But today I got my period (I hope no guys are still reading this!) And it all made sense. So tell me, do you guys always forget too? Oh being a woman. It's wonderful and sometimes not so wonderful.

6 comments:

Erin M. said...

Yes, I forget. Being a woman is hard. Especially when you forget that there is a reason behind the intermittent craziness. Oranges? :)

Snarr mama said...

Happens to me almost every month. Crazy hormones! :)

Courtney said...

I ALWAYS forget. It drives my hubby crazy. ;)

Nicole said...

Yep, I forget every time!! I get really grouchy and always want chocolate and sweets. I am super on edge and get annoyed easily. Then finally Jacob will have had enough and be like 'Oh, you're getting your period aren't you?' and of course, it will make me even more mad in the moment, but then I always realize he is right and that I've been acting like a crazy person. It's actually nice to have him remind me, because then I can control it better, haha!

James said...

You need a big calendar where you can write down appointments and important events and the day you start!! lol I love my big calendar!
mom

Unknown said...

oh man, that first comic kills me. "oranges?" hahaha